Abie is a professional accountant, trusted business advisor and recently retired equity director of William Buck a highly regarded mid-tier accounting and advisory firm in Sydney, Australia. He was previously responsible for the tax, accounting, and personal interests of small to medium business operators.
In anticipation of retiring he:
- Gained accreditation as a Chair(person) from Advisory Board Centre, assisting small to medium business grow and prosper by setting up formalised Advisory Board to support increases in sales, foster innovation, improved productivity and build internal confidence in decision making and strategy execution.
- Co-founded Gesher Ventures Pty Ltd to assist overseas technology driven companies expand to Asia using Australia as its gateway.
- Established Accountancy Locums offering locum accounting services to small accounting firms where one of its partners is in need of time-out. Abie has retained his professional accreditations including public practice certificate and tax agency registration.
- Gained accreditation as a Financial Neutral in Collaborative Practice and is an accredited member of International Academy of Collaborative Professionals [IACP], Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals [AACP] and Collaborative Professional NSW [CP NSW]. Collaborative Practice sets out a dignified respectful pathway for couples wishing to separate with an eye to an ongoing meaningful relationship into the future, particularly when there are children involved.
- Acts as Treasurer for social justice anti-discrimination not-for-profit Courage to Care which aspires to empower individuals to be Upstanders and take positive action when witnessing racism, prejudice or bullying.
Core accounting and tax compliance services for small and large businesses:
- Franchise and business development and valuations
- Property Development
- Finance and loan advice
- Succession planning
- Batchelor of Commerce (UNSW)
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) since 1976
- Member CPA Australia (Certified Practising Accountant)
- Former Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Import and Wholesaling
- Professional Services
- Franchising and
- Real Estate (property trading, development, and construction) for shopping centres, residential and industrial estates.
Since retiring from public practice in June 20, which coincided with Covid lockdowns, Abie has undertaken a number of project-based assignments including:
- Valuing a well-known brand and assisting in the negotiations to purchase the ongoing international business associated with that brand.
- Acting as locum accountant for the executor of an estate where the principal died suddenly including running the practice, dealing with staff, clients, and potential buyers until the practice was sold.
- Assisting a property developer consider the viability of retaining or selling a DA approved property including assisting in obtaining finance for a residential student development located near the UNSW precinct.
- Invited to assist a recently bereaved family work out their deceased father’s complicated estate in a fair and equitable manner.
- Invited to participate as an advisor on Advisory Board of insurance brokerage Omnisure as it positions itself for growth and expansion in the coming years with view to becoming one of the most pre-eminent and profitable insurance brokerages in its market space.
“Starting with the end in mind greatly assists in focusing one’s attention to the detailed means of achieving those ends. My passion lies in designing a secure and reliable pathway to create a sustainable, growing, and profitable business. What really drives me is creating an exciting future for good people who look after the best interests of their clients, their vendors and most importantly their staff.” - Abie Greengarten.